We act responsibly in the way we inform and communicate with our consumers. Our efforts include:
- Offering transparent information
- Clear policy on product labeling - employing the new EU legislation on product labeling (Food Information for Customers Regulation)
- Promoting activities for a healthy lifestyle
- Clean labeling policy in place
- Signed the EU pledge not to advertise to children below 12, if nutritional criteria are not met
Examples of what we have achieved so far
Transparent package labelling
We present transparent product-related nutrition information on our packages, have clear guidelines for product declaration and are working on placing the “Big Five”, the five key nutritional elements, on the package front of our complete product range.
Responsible marketing is mandatory
We have signed the European Snacks Association’s (ESA) pledge.
ESA has endorsed the EU pledge commitments in order to help promote healthier snacking choices and balanced lifestyles amongst children.
Within this ESA pledge we commit ourselves to do no direct advertising to children under 12 years of age on TV, print and internet, except for extruded and pelleted products which fulfil specific criteria:
|Per 100 g||Per 30 g (single serve)|
|Energy||566 kcal||170 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||≤ 10 %||≤ 10 %|
|Sodium||≤ 900 mg||≤ 270 mg|
|Total Sugars||≤ 10 g||≤ 3,3 g|
Furthermore we will not engage in any commercial communications related to savoury snack products in primary schools, except where specifically requested by or agreed with the school administration for educational purposes.
We offer each consumer a wide selection of salted and unsalted, reduced-fat and low-fat products, in different packaging sizes etc.
Our plans for the future
- Further increase the use of HOSO (High Oleic Sunflower Oil) across entire chips and specialties portfolio
- Increase number of products in the portfolio with reduced salt and fat content
- Further increase the number of product formulas with only natural ingredients
- Focus more on portion packs for single serve
- Determine a portion size of 30g for all snack products within the Intersnack portfolio